12/11/2008

33 months...

In previous posts I talked about my friend and coworker, Jen and her husband Jason. They are in the process of adopting their first child (Addison) from China. I had asked for prayers in hopes that they would be given strength to muddle through the last few weeks/months of their wait.

At last, the phone call came! Jen and Jason are the proud (excited) parents of a little girl! This precious little angel was born on March 24, 2008 (2 days before Allie)! Tomorrow Jen and Jason will finally be able to see a picture of their new little blessing! How are they going to sleep tonight?!?! And so begins the sleepless nights!! : )

Throughout this journey, Jen's strength has amazed me. I have a hard time waiting for my toast to get done in the morning, let alone waiting 33 1/2 months to find out who my little girl is! God is great and he helps us to get through the tough times. I truly believe that this little girl is a miracle and even though she is half a world away, she was meant to be Jen and Jason's. Congratulations!

Here's their website if you'd like to follow their journey;
http://www.myadoptionwebsite.com/addison/index.htm

0 comments: