11/30/2010

New recipe


I'm trying to find new recipes lately and thought that it would be fun to share my new recipes as we try them on my blog.  I hope you find a recipe or two that interests you!


BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA POCKETS
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 tube refrigerated pizza dough {we used Pillsbury}
Mozzarella cheese
1 bottle {16 oz} buffalo sauce {you can use any hot sauce, but Frank’s or Cookie's are the best!}
1/2 stick butter (I used I can't believe it's not butter- light)
Olive oil
Parmesan Cheese
First, mix together hot sauce & butter in a small pot on med. high heat. Heat until butter is melted and bring to a low boil. Meanwhile, cook your chicken!
Next, pour the sauce over 1/2 cup mozzarella and the shredded chicken and mix well. I sorta eyeballed this. I didn’t want the chicken mix to be too ‘soupy’ so I added a little bit of sauce at a time until it was a good consistency. There was quite a bit leftover so I just dumped that out.

Now it’s time to make your little pockets. Roll out the dough kinda thin and cut into little circles. All I had was a little 3 in. biscuit cutter, so that’s what I used to cut the dough. 
Grease your baking sheet and start the pocket makin’ process. Lay out a little circle, top it with the chicken and some shredded mozzarella, lay another dough circle on top of the chicken & cheese to cover, and pinch the edges with a fork to seal.
buffalochickenpockets3buffalochickenpockets5
Brush the tops of the pockets with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until puffy and brown.
buffalochickenpockets8
They actually look pretty good and they taste even BETTER than they look!! These made a great little supper and I think they’d make an awesome little appetizer…especially on game days!!! The combo of pizza dough and buffalo chicken is seriously melt-in-your-mouth YUMMY! So if you’re a fan of either…or both…you gotta put this on your list of things to try!

0 comments: