Praying for news this week!

We still haven't heard from the Department of Homeland Security.  As of last week (I broke down and e-mailed them), we still hadn't been assigned a caseworker.  We've been waiting about 2 1/2 months for our approval, the turn around is supposed to be no more than 90 days.  We're praying that we find out that we were approved sometime early this week.
For those of you who have been following the news, with the looming possible state shut-down our process could be slowed down.  Once we receive our approval, we have to get our dossier and post referral dossier documents notarized and than apostilled at the Secretary of States office prior to sending it to India.  However, this is one of the offices that will be closed if the state shut-down happens.  One alternative is to have the documents completed in a different state, but they then have to be notarized in that state as well.  Not an impossible task, but one that might take more time than if we were able to complete it all here in Minnesota.
If you are a prayerful person and you have an extra minute, we'd love it if you could say a prayer for not only us but for all the families who would be negatively affected by the shut-down.
We're still holding out hope that our approval might come this week...we'll keep you posted!


No Greater Love said...

I am praying!

Christy. said...

I am praying BIG TIME!! God is totally in control!!

Sarah said...

Praying for you...we also may be affected by the state shutdown. Praying that it doesn't slow anyone down in the adoption process!