4/26/2012

Nap time

Charu still sleeps in our room and when she gets up from nap she now comes downstairs and finds me.  Usually she will then say "comeon!" with the appropriate hand gesture ushering me back upstairs because she wants to wake Allie up as well.  Allie LOVES it when Charu wakes her up because there's nothing that means more to her than her little sister looking up to her.  

Today I was downstairs planning our next project (I'll post about it soon) when I looked at the clock.  I thought it was a little odd that both girls were still sleeping, but I knew I would have heard them if they were awake.  A few minutes later I decided that I was going to go upstairs and begin waking them up (at this point it had been about 2 1/2 hours or so).  I went up to our room and Charu wasn't there.  I looked everywhere and to be honest I began freaking out a little bit on the inside.  I knew that Allie's door was shut, but decided to open her door.  Low and behold the two girls were cuddled up together asleep! Allie told me later that Charu had woken up and came and crawled in bed with her!  I wish I would have had my camera with me because it was the sweetest sister moment ever!  Melt my heart!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

oh....that is sooooo sweet!

No Greater Love said...

I wish you had your camera, too. But picturing it in my head melts my heart also. They are so sweet together.

Julie & Patrick said...

Some of the most tender moments happen at nap time! Love that,
Julie

Kristen said...

So, so sweet :)))

BumbersBumblings said...

So so precious!!

Brad and Renae said...

Love the thought :)
Renae.