1. Our two beautiful daughters...we are beyond blessed! There were many times that we came to forks in the road through our journey to them, tough choices had to be made, and we thank God for the choices we made because they brought us Allie and our newest little peanut lovingly referred to as "C".
2. We are thankful that after seven years (on the 27th) of marriage...we still make each other laugh and we honestly are each others best friend.
3. Great friends! We truly have some of the sweetest, most caring and sincere friends in the world!
4. Amazing family! We almost never leave Allie and my parents are going to watch her when we are gone. It is going to be hard being away from her, but grandma and grandpa adore her and I know they will all have fun!
5. A wonderful community- A local sewing group heard about C and us going to India and they volunteered to sew items for C's orphanage. They sewed 75 cloth diapers, 14 aprons for the staff, and even decided to donate $100 to SKB! How amazing is that?
6. SUPPORT- I have "met" truly amazing people through our blog who either have adopted or are in the process of adopting. They have become our support system through our wait and will continue to support us after C gets home. It's hard to put into words the love I have for these special people. We will continue to pray for each and every one of these families and we can't wait for the day that V, R, Lauren, Nandu, and all of the other precious children come home.
7. Caffeine...enough said! I feel like that little kid on the Disney commercial that says, "I'm too excited to sleep"!
8. Have I mentioned how great my husband has been? Through all of the infertility and adoption processes...there have been times that I could probably have been considered a little nuts (he might say a lot nuts) and through it all...he's been there as a shoulder to cry on and a strong arm to lean on. I just love him!
9. We are thankful that this Christmas, we will finally be a family of four! We prayed C would be home by Christmas, but we never thought it would happen. God is great!
10. We are thankful that C's orphanage is such an amazing place. You can tell by the pictures and from stories from other people that they truly love each and every kid. They even make a beautiful birthday cake for each child on their birthday!!!
11. Most of all, we are thankful for all of the moments that we will experience over the upcoming years...the birthdays...the first days of school...the popcorn and movie nights...the tears and the laughs...each and every moment will truly be cherished beyond words!